Welcome to Sir Winston Churchill Secondary, a composite high school with a current enrolment of about 1100 students. The “Home of the Bulldogs” was built in 1967 and we proudly offer a wide variety of exciting and rewarding programs both in and out of the classroom to prepare our students for their futures.
Churchill students have access to academic, technical, business, athletic, environmental and creative arts programming at the Workplace, College and University levels. We also offer programs that can lead to apprenticeship opportunities. Highlights of our special program offerings include:
- Communications/Media Arts Program
- Environmental CO-OP Program – award winning
- Specialist High Skills Major Health Care Program
- Technology – Construction, Manufacturing, Transportation 2 credit course packages – OYAP incentives
- Athletic Focus Programs including our Hockey Canada Skills Academy
- Mohawk @ School dual-credit high school & college program
- Exploring Aboriginal Arts program
Our extra- and co-curricular activities are varied and excellent. Not only do we have many sports teams for girls and boys, we provide opportunities in theatre arts, instrumental and vocal music, numerous clubs and committees, and many student leadership experiences. We also benefit from the strong support of our parents, guardians and community through our vibrant School Council. With this support and the dedication of our talented school staff, we strive to have our students meet the words of Churchill himself: “Healthy citizens are the greatest asset any country can have”.